Are you sure this individual isn't the following:
PCO Membership Type (Pickleball Canada)
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT(hereinafter referred to as the "Release Agreement")
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
This Release Agreement shall apply to all subsequent membership renewals.
BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL WAIVE OR GIVE UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE OR CLAIM COMPENSATION FOLLOWING AN ACCIDENT
TO: PICKLEBALL CANADA ORGANIZATION, and its affiliated provinces and territories and its local associations and clubs, and their respective directors, officers, employees, instructors, agents, representatives, volunteers, independent contractors, subcontractors, sponsors, successors and assigns (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Releasees").
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
I am aware that participating in the sport of pickleball involves many risks, dangers and hazards including, but not limited to: collision with other persons or objects; being struck by a paddle; being hit by a ball; the risk of stroke, heart attack or other similar life threatening conditions caused by physical exertion; the risk of personal injury including, but not limited to, strains, sprains, fractures, brain injury, spinal cord injury including paraplegia or quadriplegia, or death; loss of balance or control; slips, trips and falls; negligent first aid; failure to act safely or within one’s own ability; negligence of other persons; and, NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES. I UNDERSTAND THAT NEGLIGENCE INCLUDES FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS REFERRED TO ABOVE. I FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS RESULTING THEREFROM.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration of the Releasees accepting my application for membership in the Pickleball Canada Organization and, as applicable, my affiliated province or territory and local association or club, and permitting my use of the facilities and premises provided by the Releasees (hereinafter "the premises"), I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against THE RELEASEES, and TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury including death that I may suffer, or that my next of kin may suffer, as a result of my participation in the sport of pickleball including, but not limited to, my use of the premises DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED UNDER ANY PROVINCIAL OCCUPIERS’ LIABILITY LEGISLATION ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES. I UNDERSTAND THAT NEGLIGENCE INCLUDES THE FAILURE ON PART OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS REFERRED TO ABOVE.
2. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any damage to property of or personal injury to any third party, resulting from my use of or presence on the premises;
3. This Release Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity;
4. This Release Agreement and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this Release Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta and no other jurisdiction; and
5. Any litigation involving the parties to this Release Agreement shall be brought solely within the Province of Alberta, and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of Alberta.
In entering into this Release Agreement I am not relying upon any oral or written representations or statements made by the Releasees with respect to the safety of pickleball other than what is set forth in this Agreement.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT AND I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I OR MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, ASSIGNS AND REPRESENTATIVES MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES.
Pickleball Alberta Code of Conduct
Pickleball Alberta and affiliated clubs are committed to ensuring a safe and positive environment within our programs, activities, tournaments and events by expecting that members follow an acceptable code of conduct.
Individual members have a responsibility to:
- Demonstrate respect for every person regardless of physical characteristics, athletic ability, age, ancestry, colour, race citizenship, ethnic origin, creed, disability, family, economic or marital status, gender identity or expression of sexual orientation.
- Focus comments or criticism appropriately and avoid public criticism of athletes, coaches, officials, organizers, volunteers, employees or members.
- Consistently demonstrate the spirit of sportsmanship, sport leadership and ethical conduct.
- Act, when appropriate, to correct or prevent practices that are unjustly discriminatory
- Consistently treat individuals fairly and reasonably.
- Ensure adherence to the rules of Pickleball and the spirit of those rules
Failure to follow the code of conduct may result in disciplinary action taken by an affiliated club or Pickleball Alberta.
BVPA PICKLEBALL ETIQUETTE
Please be considerate and respectful of your fellow pickleball players and abide by the following pickleball expectations:
Arrive on time so the round robin or other planned play schedule does not have to be changed after a round and participate until the entire session is completed.
Only sign up for sessions you know you will attend. If you are not sure about your availability, wait until you are certain you will be able to attend. Late cancellations are not easy to accommodate.
Introduce yourself before each game.
Play kindly with the weakest player in the game. Slamming shots doesn’t bring you respect.
Do not take advantage of your opponent's physical limitations.
Clearly call out the score every time you serve so that your opponents can clearly hear the score.
Make sure your opponent is ready before you serve.
If you or your partner are not sure if the ball is in or out, the call is always in favor of your opponent.
If you hit a ball into another court, immediately YELL “Ball on Court”. Do NOT chase the ball onto the other court.
When retrieving a ball for another court or opponent, hit it hard enough to make sure it reaches the person.
Do not offer advice to other players, unless asked for it. Even then, be gentle.
Players on the side onto which the ball is hit are the ones who decide whether the ball is in or out and their call stands. No debate. If, however, they did not see it clearly and if they choose to ask the other side their opinion, then the other side’s call stands. No debate.
Do not engage in any inappropriate behaviour. No foul language and no comments of a sexual, gender or racist nature are tolerated.
Inappropriate behaviour, actions or language may result in suspension or cancellation of membership in accordance with BVPA bylaws.
people for outstanding amazing shots or for a great game.