Are you sure this individual isn't the following:
Membership Types (Pickleball BC)
PCO Membership Type (Pickleball Canada)
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT(hereinafter referred to as the "Release Agreement")
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
This Release Agreement shall apply to all subsequent membership renewals.
BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL WAIVE OR GIVE UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE OR CLAIM COMPENSATION FOLLOWING AN ACCIDENT
TO: PICKLEBALL CANADA ORGANIZATION, and its affiliated provinces and territories and its local associations and clubs, and their respective directors, officers, employees, instructors, agents, representatives, volunteers, independent contractors, subcontractors, sponsors, successors and assigns (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Releasees").
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
I am aware that participating in the sport of pickleball involves many risks, dangers and hazards including, but not limited to: collision with other persons or objects; being struck by a paddle; being hit by a ball; the risk of stroke, heart attack or other similar life threatening conditions caused by physical exertion; the risk of personal injury including, but not limited to, strains, sprains, fractures, brain injury, spinal cord injury including paraplegia or quadriplegia, or death; loss of balance or control; slips, trips and falls; negligent first aid; failure to act safely or within one’s own ability; negligence of other persons; and, NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES. I UNDERSTAND THAT NEGLIGENCE INCLUDES FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS REFERRED TO ABOVE. I FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS RESULTING THEREFROM.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration of the Releasees accepting my application for membership in the Pickleball Canada Organization and, as applicable, my affiliated province or territory and local association or club, and permitting my use of the facilities and premises provided by the Releasees (hereinafter "the premises"), I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against THE RELEASEES, and TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury including death that I may suffer, or that my next of kin may suffer, as a result of my participation in the sport of pickleball including, but not limited to, my use of the premises DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED UNDER ANY PROVINCIAL OCCUPIERS’ LIABILITY LEGISLATION ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES. I UNDERSTAND THAT NEGLIGENCE INCLUDES THE FAILURE ON PART OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS REFERRED TO ABOVE.
2. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any damage to property of or personal injury to any third party, resulting from my use of or presence on the premises;
3. This Release Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity;
4. This Release Agreement and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this Release Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia and no other jurisdiction; and
5. Any litigation involving the parties to this Release Agreement shall be brought solely within the Province of British Columbia, and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of British Columbia.
In entering into this Release Agreement I am not relying upon any oral or written representations or statements made by the Releasees with respect to the safety of pickleball other than what is set forth in this Agreement.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT AND I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I OR MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, ASSIGNS AND REPRESENTATIVES MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES.
PBC Communications Release Agreement
Your information is confidential and used only for PickleballBC communication purposes. Your information is protected under BC’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA). I recognize and understand that there are certain inherent risks to which I will be exposed because of the nature and level of the Pickleball sports activity in which I have agreed to participate. I will adhere to the local precautions and regulations implemented by the Club that I am registering with.
Effective October 1, 2022 your registration provides you with PCO and PBC membership until December 31, 2023. If you have any questions about your Club Membership or issues surrounding your local organization please contact your club directly.
If you have any questions about your Pickleball Canada or PBC membership please feel free to contact me about those issues.
In making this application, I affirm that I am in good health, of sound judgement at all times and capable of participating in all Interlakes Pickleball Club (IPC) activities. My participation is completely voluntary and I freely accept and fully assume all responsibility for all risks, and all possibilities of personal injury, property damage or loss to myself or any other person as a result of my participation in pickleball activities. I understand that there are physical risks involved in playing pickleball including, but not limited to injury related to rapid movement, falling down, being hit by balls or paddles, collisions with walls, nets and other players. I accept as my personal risk the hazards of such participation and will not hold the IPC or its representatives responsible from any manner of claims or lawsuits that may result from my participation in the sport of Pickleball. I acknowledge that I use the properties and the facilities arranged for me by the IPC at my own risk and I hereby hold harmless IPC, the Executive, Board Members, IPC Volunteers, Coaches, Instructors, other Members of the Association, and the owners of any such property and facilities from any suit, cause, action or claim resulting from my use of such property or facility, including IPC meetings and/or gatherings, IPC trips, gatherings and/or outings, presentations, seminars, training/skills workshops and/or local or other competitions. I waive all claims, known and unknown, that I have or may have in the future against the IPC including the directors, volunteers and other members. I release and forever discharge the IPC from all liability for any personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting from my participation in pickleball activities due to any cause, including but not limited to negligence (failure to use such care as a reasonable or reasonably prudent and careful person would use under similar circumstances), breach of any imposed bylaw, breach of contract or mistake in error of judgement of the IPC. I hold harmless the IPC from all actions, proceedings, claims, damages, costs demands, including court costs of a solicitor and own client basis, and liabilities of whatsoever nature or kind arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in pickleball activities. I acknowledge that I have read this agreement and understand it, that I have executed this agreement voluntarily and that this agreement is to be binding upon my heirs, executors, administrators, representatives, assigns and myself,
I AGREE to this Liability Waiver