Are you sure this individual isn't the following:
Membership Types (Pickleball BC)
PCO Membership Type (Pickleball Canada)
To play in ANY club Round Robins, you MUST use Sign-Up Genius. Do not just show up as a 'drop-in', you will not be able to play DUE to COVID policy and procedures, and the attached waiver/disclaimer.
By registering for a Round Robin meet-up, you agree to
- To abide by the procedures recommended by the club based on the 'day you are playing' (because the
procedures change frequently)
- You have throughly read and answered the 'health screening questions below'; and, ascertain that you have not experienced any of the listed symtoms 24 hours prior to game time
- To having your temperature taken PRIOR to game time, which shall be used as a secondary screening system. Should your temperature be above normal you AGREE to immediately go home/leave the park
- Understand that the club, its members, and/or executive is “NOT” suggesting that those who have answered these questions and have a ‘normal body temperature’ are COVID free. IF you choose to enter into an organized game you do so at your own risk.
**Temperature alone may not be an indicator of ‘illness symptoms’. “Dr. Theresa Tam, Canada's chief medical officer of health, says temperature checks aren't fail proof because some who contract the virus are asymptomatic at first or never develop any signs of COVID-19.”
May 30,2020 TriCITY News
To attend this or any Salmon Arm Pickleball Club organized event, YOU agree that:
- Your temperature will be taken prior to game time; and, if it is over 99.1F (normal range is 97-99F), you will leave the courts
- YOU have not taken any medication that ‘may’ lower your body temperature within the last 12 hours (including Tylenol, ibuprofen, or OTC drugs)
- You do not/have not experienced the below Symptoms in the past 24 hours:
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
The organizer reserves the right to split the RR into two separate RR's played at the same time. PLAYERS are not permitted to jump into another RR regardless of whether a separate RR is short a player. (this is for tracing and tracking purposes).
ANYONE on a 'bye' or 'sitting out' must maintain the 6 foot social distance perimeter unless those people are in their personal bubble.
**There could potentially be up to 3 RR's played on the 6 courts @ Klahani. Social distancing, and responsible return of a stray ball will ensure that all 6 courts could be used. Failure to comply will reduce the maximum RR's to 2 groups (4 courts).
PLEASE help each other by ensuring all players are abiding by COVID protocols and procedures. Reminding one another of COVID smart habits is critical to the club maintaining organized play time. SHOULD fellow players who are 'registered' for any RR not abide by the Province of BC's COVID smart practices, one of two things will happen
- The player who does not comply will no longer be invited to play in the RR; OR,
- The club will have to remove organized play for that skill group.
These measures are NOT meant to to be 'strict', they are simply the best way to respect Dr. Bonnie Henry's professional advice while maintaining an opportunity for PB play.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT(hereinafter referred to as the "Release Agreement")
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
This Release Agreement shall apply to all subsequent membership renewals.
BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL WAIVE OR GIVE UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE OR CLAIM COMPENSATION FOLLOWING AN ACCIDENT
TO: PICKLEBALL CANADA ORGANIZATION, and its affiliated provinces and territories and its local associations and clubs, and their respective directors, officers, employees, instructors, agents, representatives, volunteers, independent contractors, subcontractors, sponsors, successors and assigns (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Releasees").
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
I am aware that participating in the sport of pickleball involves many risks, dangers and hazards including, but not limited to: collision with other persons or objects; being struck by a paddle; being hit by a ball; the risk of stroke, heart attack or other similar life threatening conditions caused by physical exertion; the risk of personal injury including, but not limited to, strains, sprains, fractures, brain injury, spinal cord injury including paraplegia or quadriplegia, or death; loss of balance or control; slips, trips and falls; negligent first aid; failure to act safely or within one’s own ability; negligence of other persons; and, NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES. I UNDERSTAND THAT NEGLIGENCE INCLUDES FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS REFERRED TO ABOVE. I FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS RESULTING THEREFROM.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration of the Releasees accepting my application for membership in the Pickleball Canada Organization and, as applicable, my affiliated province or territory and local association or club, and permitting my use of the facilities and premises provided by the Releasees (hereinafter "the premises"), I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against THE RELEASEES, and TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury including death that I may suffer, or that my next of kin may suffer, as a result of my participation in the sport of pickleball including, but not limited to, my use of the premises DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED UNDER ANY PROVINCIAL OCCUPIERS’ LIABILITY LEGISLATION ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES. I UNDERSTAND THAT NEGLIGENCE INCLUDES THE FAILURE ON PART OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS REFERRED TO ABOVE.
2. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any damage to property of or personal injury to any third party, resulting from my use of or presence on the premises;
3. This Release Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity;
4. This Release Agreement and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this Release Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia and no other jurisdiction; and
5. Any litigation involving the parties to this Release Agreement shall be brought solely within the Province of British Columbia, and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of British Columbia.
In entering into this Release Agreement I am not relying upon any oral or written representations or statements made by the Releasees with respect to the safety of pickleball other than what is set forth in this Agreement.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT AND I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I OR MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, ASSIGNS AND REPRESENTATIVES MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES.
PBC Communications Release Agreement
Your information is confidential and used only for PickleballBC communication purposes. Your information is protected under BC’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA). I recognize and understand that there are certain inherent risks to which I will be exposed because of the nature and level of the Pickleball sports activity in which I have agreed to participate. I will adhere to the local precautions and regulations implemented by the Club that I am registering with.
Effective October 1, 2022 your registration provides you with PCO and PBC membership until December 31, 2023. If you have any questions about your Club Membership or issues surrounding your local organization please contact your club directly.
If you have any questions about your Pickleball Canada or PBC membership please feel free to contact me about those issues.