Are you sure this individual isn't the following:
Membership Types (Pickleball BC)
PCO Membership Type (Pickleball Canada)
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT(hereinafter referred to as the "Release Agreement")
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
This Release Agreement shall apply to all subsequent membership renewals.
BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL WAIVE OR GIVE UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE OR CLAIM COMPENSATION FOLLOWING AN ACCIDENT
TO: PICKLEBALL CANADA ORGANIZATION, and its affiliated provinces and territories and its local associations and clubs, and their respective directors, officers, employees, instructors, agents, representatives, volunteers, independent contractors, subcontractors, sponsors, successors and assigns (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Releasees").
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
I am aware that participating in the sport of pickleball involves many risks, dangers and hazards including, but not limited to: collision with other persons or objects; being struck by a paddle; being hit by a ball; the risk of stroke, heart attack or other similar life threatening conditions caused by physical exertion; the risk of personal injury including, but not limited to, strains, sprains, fractures, brain injury, spinal cord injury including paraplegia or quadriplegia, or death; loss of balance or control; slips, trips and falls; negligent first aid; failure to act safely or within one’s own ability; negligence of other persons; and, NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES. I UNDERSTAND THAT NEGLIGENCE INCLUDES FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS REFERRED TO ABOVE. I FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS RESULTING THEREFROM.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration of the Releasees accepting my application for membership in the Pickleball Canada Organization and, as applicable, my affiliated province or territory and local association or club, and permitting my use of the facilities and premises provided by the Releasees (hereinafter "the premises"), I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against THE RELEASEES, and TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury including death that I may suffer, or that my next of kin may suffer, as a result of my participation in the sport of pickleball including, but not limited to, my use of the premises DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED UNDER ANY PROVINCIAL OCCUPIERS’ LIABILITY LEGISLATION ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES. I UNDERSTAND THAT NEGLIGENCE INCLUDES THE FAILURE ON PART OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS REFERRED TO ABOVE.
2. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any damage to property of or personal injury to any third party, resulting from my use of or presence on the premises;
3. This Release Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity;
4. This Release Agreement and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this Release Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia and no other jurisdiction; and
5. Any litigation involving the parties to this Release Agreement shall be brought solely within the Province of British Columbia, and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of British Columbia.
In entering into this Release Agreement I am not relying upon any oral or written representations or statements made by the Releasees with respect to the safety of pickleball other than what is set forth in this Agreement.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT AND I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I OR MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, ASSIGNS AND REPRESENTATIVES MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES.
PBC Communications Release Agreement
Your information is confidential and used only for PickleballBC communication purposes. Your information is protected under BC’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA). I recognize and understand that there are certain inherent risks to which I will be exposed because of the nature and level of the Pickleball sports activity in which I have agreed to participate. I will adhere to the local precautions and regulations implemented by the Club that I am registering with.
Effective October 1, 2022 your registration provides you with PCO and PBC membership until December 31, 2023. If you have any questions about your Club Membership or issues surrounding your local organization please contact your club directly.
If you have any questions about your Pickleball Canada or PBC membership please feel free to contact me about those issues.
Chilliwack Pickleball Club waiver
AGREEMENT, RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
As part of club membership you agree to be a member of Pickleball Canada and Pickleball
BC, both of which provide information and services promoting the growth of Pickleball locally
and nationally. You also agree to receive an email from Chilliwack Pickleball with current local
I further agree to play under the guidelines and rules of the International Federation of
Pickleball and The Chilliwack Safety and Play Etiquette guideline sheet provided, for the
overall enjoyment, safety and sportsman like conduct on the courts. Any serious issue arising
should first be presented to the elected board in writing for resolution.
By signing the membership form I acknowledge that Chilliwack Pickleball Club may take
pictures at functions and events and I approve of my picture to be posted on their website
and/or Facebook page.
I recognize and understand that there are certain inherent risks to which I will be exposed
because of the nature and level of the sports activity in which I have agreed to participate. In
consideration of being allowed to participate in Chilliwack Pickleball Club related events and
activities, I the undersigned give permission for Chilliwack Pickleball Club to use or distribute,
without limitation or obligation, any record of the events which may include my voice or image
and authorization to contact me via email to keep in touch with Pickleball information, news,
tournaments, sales and so forth. As evidenced by my signature, I hereby, for my heirs,
administrators and assigns, release, waive and hold harmless Chilliwack Pickleball Club, their
directors, agents, coaches, instructors and other members of the association, sponsoring
agencies, sponsors, advertisers and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to
conduct the event, from any manner of claims or lawsuits that my result from my participation
in this sport.