- 2021 Change Document 12-13-20.pdf
- Favorite part of the 2021 Rulebook are the added paragraphs on page 1.pdf
- CODE OF CONDUCT LPC.pd
Pickleball Alberta Provincial Championships
Pickleball Alberta Provincial Championships August 5-8, 2021
Check it out at pickleballbrackets.com
Registration opens June 15 @ 10:00 MST (link in bio)The Parkland Pickleheads are hosting a Pickleball Canada sanctioned tournament... so save the date!
Henry Singer Park - 400 South Avenue, Spruce Grove, Alberta T7X 3G2 Canada
June 8th, 2021
"Show Down in the Hat" Tournament 2021
Medicine Hat will be hosting there Non Sanctioned Tournament August 5-7 2021. Below is link to register.
June 2nd, 2021
New email addresses for Club
email@example.comMay 6th, 2021
***SEASON START OF PLAY***
LPC play will start May 3 @ Kinsmen Park, until the Wind Screens are installed at Legacy in June. Look under the "Venues" tab for Kinsmen location. Instructions on how to access the Black Box for equipment, will be posted on the box. Schedule will be posted on Team Reach App, which ALL Members must have installed on their Phone/Tablet.
LETHBRIDGE PICKLEBALL CLUB SIGN UP PROCEDURES
- Everyone must sign up to play in a Session. Don’t just show up, sign up for another Member or bring along anyone who isn’t playing.
- Play only within the Group you signed up.
- All players must adhere to current social distancing guidelines and guidance provided by AHS.
- Failure to not follow the guidelines may result in our playing time slots revoked by the City.
- If you can’t make a Session to play, Please remove your name from that Session. This allows another Member to sign up.
- A Monitor/Captain will be required for each time slot, to take charge an organize play. By using the Player Chart of # of players, but NO Physical sign up sheet. Charts are in a binder located inside the Black Box. Assign everyone playing a number. Maybe use the number, in the order they signed up under? The PB Play App for those iPhone users is preferred, rather than the laminated charts. If you would like to volunteer to be a Monitor/Captain please state “I will be the Monitor" in the comment box when you sign up. Only one Monitor is required for each time slot.
- Please show up no more then 5 minutes prior to your start time and maintain social distancing of at least two meters. Please keep chairs three meters apart.
- No additional insurance for play during covid-19 will be provided and as such players should review the guidelines set out by Pickleball Canada and understand they are “playing at their own risk”.
Courts will still be open at Legacy for time being, with NO scheduled LPC play.April 24th, 2021
Legacy Courts Wind Screens Update
April 16 2021
The Lethbridge Pickleball Club has entered into an agreement with the city of Lethbridge to provide windscreens at Legacy Park Pickleball courts. The tendering process will begin immediately and construction should be completed sometime in June. The total cost of the project is approximately $60,000 and the Lethbridge Pickleball Club will contribute $15,000 toward the improvements to be paid by December 31, 2021.
The Club will need to begin a fundraising campaign immediately as we have 8 months to provide the city with our commitment. The board will begin approaching service groups to ask them for assistance in our fundraising goal. The board has also approved an application for a gaming licence to do bingos. We hope to have this in place once the Covid19 rules are relaxed. Ron Erais has agreed to be our Bingo Chairperson. Marjo Marse and Ilsa Wong are our fundraising coordinators and they will be looking to you for support. If you know of any businesses or individuals who would like to contribute please let Ilsa and Marjo know. Also if you have any fundraising ideas please advise them of your thoughts. Last but not least we will look to you for your contributions toward this cause.
The second major announcement is that the Lethbridge Pickleball Club has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) regarding the use of the Legacy Pickleball Courts. The city has given us full use and control of 5 of the 6 courts seven days a week, from 8AM to 2PM daily and Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5 to 8.
We will be able to accommodate all our programs and also add teaching clinics, beginner lessons and do club ratings. The times are also conducive for people who work during the day. When we run tournaments we will have the use of all 6 courts.
The last item to report is that our Capital Improvement Project for 12 Pickleball courts in Galt Gardens comes up for presentation on April 21. You can look at all the requests at getinvolvedlethbridge.ca. If you go to our presentation you can add a comment of support. The board would greatly appreciate if you would go to the site and support our application. In addition, we will be hosting a letter-writing campaign in early May and will send more info about how you can participate!
See you on the courts!
Lethbridge Pickleball ClubApril 16th, 2021