Board of Directors
THANK YOU to the following individuals who are serving as Directors of Pickleball Regina Inc.:
|President||Reg Lakness||October, 2023|
|Vice-President||Randy Dove||October, 2023|
|Treasurer||Joyce Rieder||October, 2022|
|Secretary||Randy Dove||October, 2023|
|Past President||Karen Rust|
|Director at Large||Donna Loran||October, 2023|
|Director at Large||Al Carpentier||October, 2022|
|Director at Large||Marilyn Picard||October, 2023|
|Director at Large||Steven Sagal||October, 2022|
|Director at Large||Georgia Hearn||October, 2022|
|Director at Large||Lonnie Dynna||October, 2022|
|Director at Large||Murray Bennett||October 2023|
Committees and Responsibilities
Biographical information Follows:
|Reg Lakness||President||• 45 years self employed businessman
• 35 years Optimist Club of Govan member.2 terms as President
• 14 years on Sask.Curling Association.Served as President.Lifetime Member
• Volunteered at Craven Big Valley,2 Briers,2 S.T.O.H.,2 Grey Cups and 1 World Curling Championship
• Chairman of Govan's 100 year homecoming, where 1200 citizen's "came back home"
• helped organize our recent FUNdraising tournament
• Been playing Pickleball for 2 1/2 years
|Allan Carpentier||• I worked with the Provincial Government for 40+ years in various capacities with the Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure. Retiring from full time work in April 2014, I then worked 2 years as a Project Management consultant for 2 years, retiring for the last time in 2016.
• My volunteer work was mainly through the development of the Msgr de Laval French daycare Cooperative acting as its Treasurer and throughout the years at the French School
• I’ve coached both adults and children alike in Fastball and in Hockey
• Introduced to Pickleball in Puerto Vallarta by a friend a couple years ago. I came back to Regina and joined Pickleball Regina in the summer of 2016.
• I am an IPTPA Certified Level 1 coach and a Level 2 referee.
• I am currently the PR/Media representative on the Pickleball Regina Board.
• I’ve been instrumental in setting up the Pickleball Program at Msgr. de Laval school which has expanded from 1 day a week to 6 days a week.
• I find the Pickleball community very supportive and inclusive and look forward to providing my support towards the ongoing growth of the sport.
|Karen Rust||Past President||Most recent volunteer experience includes:
• founding Pickleball Regina as a non-profit members corporation and serving as its first President for 3.5 years;
• serving on the board of Pickleball Saskatchewan, playing a key role in the recognition of pickleball as an emerging sport with Sask Sport and developing PSI's Member Assistance Program policy. Chair of PSI's Strategic Planning and Officiating committees. Member of the Finance committee.
• appointed to the Board of Pickleball Canada in December 2020 as the Prairies Director on the recommendation of the provinces of Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Alberta.
• achieved USAPA/PCO Certified Referee status (January, 2018), became a USAPA registered referee trainer, trained referees throughout Saskatchewan; referee at numerous USAPA and Pickleball Canada sanctioned tournaments; Head Official for Saskatchewan and member of Pickleball Canada's Officiating task force.
• served as Tournament Director for several Pickleball Canada sanctioned tournaments, co-chair and Tournament Director for Pickleball Canada's first Western Canadian Regional tournament (July 2022),
• past coordinator of pickleball for the South Zone Recreation Board. Established the outdoor pickleball program for the SZRB and Pickleball Regina.
• Former Certified General Accountant; retiring in June, 2007 as Vice-President of Finance, Co-operators Life Insurance Company.
|Donna Loran||DAL||I was introduced to pickleball and joined Pickleball Regina in June 2018. I love the sport and the social aspect as well. Participated as a volunteer for fall fun tournament 2018 and then as registrar and volunteer for winter fun tournament 2019. Now I'm hooked - Registrar for Sask Provincial Tournament and volunteer for Paddles on the Prairie 2018 and 2019. I retired from SaskPower after 37 years in the computer & information technology area. I look forward to continuing my support for Pickleball Regina and the sport of pickleball.|
|• Randy started playing in 2017, primarily as a recreational player, with interest in representing all members’ needs and concerns to strengthen the organization.
• His volunteer and work experience include the following: Sk Retirees Association Board President for 4 years, director since 2012; Chair: SRA Membership/Communications Committee; President of the Board, SK Seniors Mechanism, director since 2014; 25 years in the credit union system in human resources, operations and executive roles; 10 years in the provincial government in human resources and strategic planning; Managed large community projects (Grey Cup, Canada Games, Riders 100th anniversary).
• His skills are in human resources management, project management, budgeting, business communications/writing, strategic planning, policy and survey development, survey development, and grantsmanship
|Georgia Hearn||DAL||Georgia has been a member of Pickleball Regina for the past three years.Her volunteer and work experience includes the following:
• Director of the Quality Assurance Program for the College of Physician and Surgeons of Saskatchewan. In her role, she participated in establishing standards and protocols as well as inspected medical laboratories/ x-ray facilities to ensure standards were met.
• Held many Board positions including a four year term as President of Hockey Regina.
• Has experience as a Scheduler for hockey officials.
Georgia is pleased to serve in any capacity to assist PRI and its members!
|Lonnie Dynna||DAL||In 2016, Lonnie was introduced to the sport of pickleball and has not looked back, as he loves the sport!
His volunteer and work experience include the following:
• member of the Moose Jaw Policy Service from 1978 to 1994
• 1994 to present is employed as Assistant Director of the Saskatchewan Policy College in Regina.
• Lonnie has been involved in coaching/fitness all his life. His experience includes: volunteer aerobics instructor, assistant hockey coach in the tier 2 level with Hockey Regina, assistant coach for the Regina Baseball Association (RBA) Triple 'A' and on the Board of Directors for RBA, Level 3 theory and level 2 practical in coaching with the National Coaching Certificate Program (NCCP) for baseball, certified triathlon coach and co-coached the Jr Triathlon Club, coached several individuals for the half and full Ironman triathlons, certification as a fitness instructor through the Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association (SPRA), certified Keiser cycling instructor.
• certified level 1 IPTPA coach and working on his level 2 IPTPA coaching certification as well as level 2 referee certification
• Vice-President of Pickleball Saskatchewan Inc for two years (2018/2019)
• With his partner Jennifer Hogan, Lonnie owns Precision Pickleball. They travel throughout Saskatchewan providing pickleball clinics and selling pickleball products.
• Active volunteer with Pickleball Regina whenever possible. Lead facilitator in a 5 week session of skills and drills for 2.5 and 3.0 as well as developing lesson plans for PRI for future training.