Why do ratings matter?
We want you to have fun and learn and grow in pickleball.
All EPC scheduled play is organized by player ratings so like-skilled players, play with and against like-skilled players.
Player ratings at 2.0 and 2.5 are self-ratings. Learn to Play lessons are for beginners with little or no experience and only a rudimentary understanding of the game. Upon completion of Learn to Play, members will be helped to self-rate themselves as 2.0 or 2.5.
Players at 4.5 and 5.0 must have a Tournament Rating.
Pickleball Canada website contains an excellent description of the skills you must master for each rating level.
Once registration is accepted and Rating confirmed, your rating will be stored on the Edmonton Pickleball Club database, as well as CourtReserve. Check your skill rating in CourtReserve (My Profile).
How can I get a higher club rating?
Ratings acceptable to EPC are:
- Participation in Tournaments sanctioned by Pickleball Canada, at least 10 games the most recent of which was within the last 24 months
- DUPR with a MINIMUM of 60 recorded games for a 4.0 rating (ONLY)
- Skill assessment rating (by an acceptable rater), for 3.0 and higher
There are other raters that are also available
Please check out the Rating assessment documents to understand requirements
- IAP 2021 3.0 Rating Assessment Sheet
- IAP 2021 3.5 Rating Assessment Sheet
- IAP 2021 4.0 Rating Assessment Sheet