Benefits & Policies
The affiliation of Provincial Pickleball Organizations like Pickleball Manitoba Inc. with Pickleball Canada would make members of one organization members of both, giving Pickleball Canada greater numbers across Canada as part of their application to have Pickleball a recognized sport in Canada.
- Membership with Winnipeg West Pickleball will Include:
- Affiliation with Pickleball Canada.
- Affiliation with Pickleball Manitoba.
- Voting rights at our Annual General Meetings.
- Invitations to tournaments and social events.
- Free use of our outdoor club courts at Bourkevale CC. (balls included)
- Organization of Summer play.
- Organization of Indoor play for winter months. (Extra cost)
- Confirm that the WWPB has strong support to advocate for enhanced and expanded pickleball play locations.
- Provide the WWPB the credibility it needs to go forward in applying for grants and other funding opportunities.
- Enable the Club to provide clinics and workshops aimed at improving the skills of members at all levels.
- Equipment discounts from Rose Sawatzky (Selkirk) with your PMI membership.
- Equipment discounts from Prairie Pickleball with your WWPB club membership.
Annual membership fees are used to:
- purchase new nets, balls, and other equipment.
- cover administration costs.
- cover costs of maintaining our member management system and web site.
- Raise capital funds for our new outdoor courts (shed, windscreens, etc.).
- Membership card/number and newsletter from Pickleball Canada.
- Provide club members with a $10,000 medical expense reimbursement policy referred to as a Participant Sport Accident Insurance policy through Pickleball Canada at all scheduled play times. More Information here.
- A complete list of PCO insurance benefits and Sports injury claim form download is available here.
Our club also receives a $5M General Liability Insurance policy from our affiliation with Pickleball Canada, which is required when renting facilities etc.