Club Covid Procedures
Our Playing Guidelines are as follows: Please take the time to read!
Manitoba is still in code Red and now we have the new variants in the province. Outdoor recreation only allows 25 people. In accordance with the provided guidelines, Winnipeg West Pickleball is re-opening our club courts at Bourkevale CC.
1. You must not play if you:
• Have returned from outside the province within 14 days.
• Are under direction to self-monitor or self-isolate.
• Are experiencing any cold, flu symptoms (cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat, weakness, headache etc.).
2. Only registered Members of WWPB will be eligible to play. No drop-in play can be allowed until further notice. If you know of people that wish to play and are not a member of WWPB, have them visit our site and join, (https://www.winnipegwestpickleball.club/join-our-club).
3. PMI / PCO membership required for City of Winnipeg Insurance.
4. Every Member must pre-book for daily play online only using “Hold My Court”. NO Exceptions! This player data is required for contact tracing and to ensure we limit each session to 25 players. We will setup 5 courts of 5 players each! Please do not exceed this limit per court!
5. Booking Courts to match your personal risk and comfort level:
a) As many if us have now received our first shot of vaccine, we will not be enforcing bubble or trusted partner play. However, if players wish they can still play in a bubble. Other players should not attempt to join their bubble without being specifically invited.
b) You must make every attempt to follow the 2-meter distancing rule when playing and when sitting waiting to play.
c) All players must have signed up for your time slot to be allowed in rink.
6. We encourage you to add your name to “Partner Search” in “Hold My Court” if you do not currently have people to play with.
7. Proper social distancing rules must also be followed at all times when moving on to, off of and beside the courts.
8. Play time is limited to 120 minutes. Players are asked to arrive no earlier than 5-10 minutes prior to their court time and to leave the courts immediately after their play. When you arrive, DO NOT enter the rink if there are 25 players still on the courts, wait outside the gate until some people leave. Remember social distancing!
9. Hand sanitizer is provided.
10. Sanitized balls will be provided for each court. When leaving the court drop the ball into the sanitizing bucket and sanitize your hands.
11. No running on other courts to retrieve balls. Ask for them to be returned to you.
12. If you help with setting up or take down of nets, you SHOULD wear a mask and be sure to sanitize your hands after.
On behalf of the Board members of WWPB, please take care of yourself and stay safe.